Thursday, October 13, 2016

Re-purposing Old Wool Sweaters

As recently as two days ago I inherited some older "felted" sweaters from my sister. I just love wool, for knitting, as a fabric, and for felting.

I set about thinking about what to do with these treasures. After searching , I found several ideas to turn these beloved old sweaters into a felted wool purse, thus giving them new life or "repurposing" them.

I would like to share with you ,the blogs with tutorials that I found, in case you would like to try this yourself.

1. "Make It and Love It.com" Posted by ASHLEY, 9 NOV. 2010
"Fall is the time that I start looking through the piles of old sweaters. Do you have a big stash like I do? Even if they are outdated, stretched out, shrunk in the wash, etc.? It’s time to give those old sweaters a new life. And turn them into something new......"
To read the rest of the article please CLICK on this LINK, or the one to the right of the picture.





2. Upcycled Purse From A Ruined (shrunken/felted) Sweater by MaryT8M in sewing on instructables.com website. Mary in Sewing says, " I've discovered the thrill of making something WONDERFUL from a mistake! I washed a sweater a while back that I could have sworn said it was machine washable only to find out it was dry clean only. Before I tossed it in the Goodwill bag, I checked the Internet and found several ideas for turning felted/fulled (shrunken) wool sweaters into other items....."
To read the rest of the article and see tutorial, please CLICK on this LINK, or the one to the right of the picture.

Last but not least, a GREAT printable tutorial.

3. FELTED PURSE INSTRUCTION SHEET from the website JANES SEW AND SO FOUND AT http://janessewandso.com 

It really is very handy to be able to print out the instructions to follow them more easily. I prefer to do this. Here is an excerpt from the tutorial:

Janes Sew and So says "Sew, what's up? My daughter Chanel and her friend Camille were shopping for cute purses on the Internet, but they couldn’t find any that didn’t cost over a hundred dollars! I showed them how to make their own, one-a-kind purses out of wool thrift shop sweaters for fewer than five dollars. ....."
To read the rest of the article or to print it out please CLICK on this LINK !

WELL THAT WRAPS UP MY THURSDAY MORNING POST ON FINDING WAYS TO RECYCLE, RE-PURPOSE, REUSE WHAT WE HAVE AROUND US INSTEAD OF THROWING IT INTO THE LANDFILL. HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK FRIENDS! PLEASE THINK GREEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Jennie Salinda © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat