Saturday, July 10, 2010

Window Shopping on a HOT Day!!

I don't know about you, but on some really steamy days when it is actually cooler in Florida than here in the Northeast, I like to spend the hottest part of the day in the air conditioned office just browsing the web.








This is how I find some terrific websites that sell:
  • Fabric-Connecting Threads, Fabric Attic Store on Ebay (I've purchased several fabrics from this lady-excellent service, fast shipping, reasonable prices!!) Burkholder's Fabrics (purchase here frequently!)
  • Quilting kits- Sun Valley Quilts -quilt patterns and kits as well as fabric, beautiful assortment.
  • Yarn- Chain stores -Michael's, AC Moore, but also on a local level you can usually find beautiful natural, unique yarns such as Alpaca at a local yarn shop, (you will also be helping the local economy).
  • Books on quilting, sewing, crafting, etc. You can usually find these at any of the above listed stores or on Amazon.com at a reduced price, perhaps even by" going green "at yard sales.
  • Patterns for sewing, quilting, other crafts- most fabric stores carry these, but you can also look at specialty online stores, one of my favorites for purse patterns is Jackie's Desighns (I have purchased some very unique purse patterns from this designer, excellent service and fast shipping!)
  • Plenty of  other craft items also , just use Google or Yahoo to search for your particular interest, and have fun browsing!
All this sets my imagination to working as to what project I would enjoy doing next. I also like to follow their blogs or join the newsletter list. This way I can keep up with their sales without any effort. Well enjoy the hot weather, the snow will fly soon enough! Till next time, have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Jennie Salinda © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat